Myself, Subash Singh and Sato Manohar met with Devan, Lloyd and Ram Ali of the Sunshine State League last Wednesday. Items discussed:
- We introduced the new EB and extended an olive branch. It was well received by the EB of SSSCL.
- We agreed to promote the advancement of the youth program in a collaborative manner. We initiated that Zaheer from our league will work with Kadima from the other league on youth-related programs.
- We agreed on information sharing between leagues when it pertains to Disciplinary action.
- We agreed not to have any of our SFSCL regular games scheduled on the day of the league finals of the SSSCL and vice versa. This gives everyone a chance to attend the finals for both leagues.
- We agreed to assist each other with fundraising help.
- We agreed that there are guidelines that need to be followed re: players jumping from league to league. Once the SFSCL season starts and a player plays in the first week, they cannot to SSSCL for that season and vice versa.
- We agreed to have one day set aside when we can rent the Stadium and have some competition, maybe a ladies 5 over games between the wives from the each leagues, a 5 over kids competition and possibly a 10 over competition for over 50 and a 10 over for the younger guys, along with several other innovative ideas for activities.
- The meeting concluded with handshakes and promises to keep the cooperation going and open lines of communication to see if future advancements can be achieved.